There are a myriad of reasons why we should have regular Bible reading time, but let me particularly encourage you to do so with a few verses from the Psalms.
“The law of the LORD is perfect, reviving the soul; the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple; the precepts of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart; the commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes; the fear of the LORD is clean, enduring forever; the rules of the LORD are true and righteous altogether. More to be desired are they than gold,even much fine gold; sweeter also than honey and drippings of the honeycomb. Moreover, by them is your servant warned; in keeping them there is great reward” (Psalm 19:7-14).
1) It’s perfect. Flawless. No error. From Genesis 1:1 to Revelation 22:21, it’s the very Words of God and is inerrant in every way.
2) The Word revives the souls. It encourages it. It awakens, replenishes, and nourishes our hearts and satisfies our deep longings to the glory of God, and to the joy of ourselves.
3) The heart rejoices when you read it. Our hearts find rejoicing through God’s Word. It’s valuable. The only thing more valuable than the Word of God is God himself.
4) It’s true. The Bible is not just true; it’s truth itself.
5) It’s better than gold and sweeter than honey. God’s instructions are more desirable than the best riches you can so obtain, and more pleasurable than the finest tastes you can discover.
6) The Bible warns us against Satan, worldliness, and sin. We are warned on how not to live our lives, and are encouraged to live for God’s glory. And when we obey the Bible, the reward is great because our joy is full!
Read your Bible. Study it. Master it. Obey it. Teach it. Memorize it.
If you do, as we have learned from these verses, the rewards are priceless.
Post your comments below.