Jesus says to “love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind” (Luke 10:27). Part of loving God with our mind is the deliberate act of studying his attributes to know him as best as we are able.
Christian Rapper, Shai Linne, recently dropped his latest album titled, The Attributes of God. I was recently able to get in contact with Shai and he sent me a list of resources that he recommends for further study on God’s attributes. These resources are also the very same that Shai used in preparation of writing this album.
Here are the books Shai recommends:
- Knowing God by J.I. Packer
- The Attributes of God by A.W. Pink
- The Knowledge of The Holy by A.W. Tozer
- The Existence and Attributes of God by Stephen Charnock
- The Holiness of God by R.C. Sproul
- The Glory of Christ by John Owen
- Systematic Theology by Wayne Grudem
In addition to these books, Shai also highly recommends the audio and video resources that you can find here.
Though you’ll never know God fully, you can know God truly, personally, and intimately. Make the intentional effort of knowing God as best as you are able for your joy, his glory, and the good of others.
Post your comments below.