Now that it’s finally 2018, here are some books to check out that are set to release this year. Some of these I’m going to try to read; others I’m sure I won’t have the time to read. Either way, they’re books I’ve stumbled upon that may or may not interest you. 1
In no particular order:
1. Expository Exultation: Christian Preaching as Worship by John Piper
When one of the best preachers of his time writes a book on preaching, other preachers should pay attention. I’m always on the lookout for good books on preaching, and while I may not get to this one as soon as it releases, I hope to read it at some point.
I like Wilson’s writing and have found great benefit from some of his other books. This book takes a look at the role of the Holy Spirit in the life of the Christian.
3. Love Thy Body: Answering Hard Questions about Life and Sexuality by Nancy Pearcey
Pearcey has already written a few popular books and in this book, she tackles questions on life and sexuality.
4. Sex in a Broken World: How Christ Redeems What Sin Distorts by Paul Tripp
A well-known conference speaker and author, here Tripp writes a book on sex.
5. How to Get Unstuck: Breaking Free from Barriers to Your Productivity by Matt Perman
I loved Perman’s first book on productivity. I believe I listened to it twice on audible. I’ve been studying productivity more recently, and books like these always get my attention.
As an MDiv student, I’m particularly interested in this one. But I don’t think you need a seminary degree or seminary experience to want to read it. It’s probably going to be a good read for any ministry leader.
7. Spurgeon on the Christian Life: Alive in Christ by Michael Reeves
I’m thankful for Crossway’s Theologians on the Christian Life Series. This one by Reeves on Spurgeon looks good. Spurgeon is one of my favorite dead guys so anything on him naturally peaks my interest.
8. Lloyd-Jones on the Christian Life: Doctrine and Life as Fuel and Fire by Jason Meyer
Another one of those Theologians on the Christian Life books by Crossway. I haven’t studied Lloyd-Jones’ life as much as I’d like, but I want to.
9. In His Image: 10 Ways God Calls Us to Reflect His Character by Jen Wilkin
Wilkin’s writings have grown in popularity over the past few years and she continues her streak of book-writing with a book on reflecting some of God’s attributes.
10. Take Heart by Matt Chandler
Chandler is more known for his excellent preaching and leadership, but he continues his writing with this book in which he tackles the needed subject of courage.
You may also like: