I started this site back in 2011. My aim was simple: create content for unbelievers, in hopes of persuading them to turn from sin and trust in Christ. The name of the blog was “Stuff That’s Relevant” (didn’t want an “overly Christian” name).
Over time, however, I realized most of my readers were believers, and eventually changed the site’s name to Gospel Relevance, where my aim now is to provide gospel-centered content for Christians.
But still, I didn’t take blogging seriously until about six months ago. And it’s been a huge joy ever since.
We had over 80,000+ thousand people stop by the site in 2015. These people visited from 100+ different countries. The top five countries were the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Brazil, and the Philippines.
Facebook was the largest source of visitors, followed by search engines, and then Twitter. 500+ people opted-in to receive the blog posts by email in the last 6 months, and I was featured on The Gospel Coalition, For The Church, and Blogging Theologically.
And in case you missed it, here’s the top ten most popular articles of the year:
- 20 Things Every Christian in Their Twenties Should Know – Finished this post while watching Sunday Night Football. Two days later, it became my most popular post of all-time.
- 6 Things Christians Should Stop Saying – I wrote this to make fun of dumb things we Christians say. And then it accidentally got popular.
- Mark Driscoll on 6 Reasons Why God Created Sex for Marriage – If you put “Sex” and “Mark Driscoll” in a blog post, it’s bound to get lots of traffic.
- 6 Truths About Singleness You Won’t Hear in Church – I poured my heart into this one. Why? Because singleness is rarely — if ever — addressed in church, and this is a huge problem.
- 5 Things Christians Should Stop Doing on Social Media – I’ve made the mistakes, too. Social media would be a better place if we all stopped doing the five things mentioned.
- Calvin’s 5 Rules for Right Prayer – This was a surprise. But prayer is always a hot-topic, and who better to learn from than Calvin?
- 11 Things Every Single Christian Should Know – Wrote this a few years ago. And it’s one of the most popular posts every year.
- 3 Common Misconceptions of Calvinism – Way, way too many misconceptions. Just addressed three of them.
- 4 Reasons Why God Makes You Wait – Because we’ve all been there, right?
- 3 Reminders for All Dating Christians – A guest post by Eric Skwarczynski, in which he outlines some reminders for dating Christians.
And that was 2015.
Before we end the year, please accept my gratitude: I’m so very grateful that you read this site. The fact that one person reads one sentence still blows my mind, let alone thousands of people. And thank you for the emails, tweets, and Facebook messages. I get them on a weekly basis. I have a razor-sharp memory and remember every interaction. I don’t take your words for granted. In fact, they always make my day.
May the Lord bless this site for many more years to come.