It’s almost the end of 2016 and today on the blog I’d like to recap the year.
We had over 250,000+ people stop by the site in 2016. These people visited from 150+ different countries. The top five countries were the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, and the Philippines.
Facebook was the largest source of visitors, followed by search engines, and then A La Carte –a daily feature from Tim Challies’ site in which he curates the best reads for Christians.
Perhaps most significant of 2016 was the amount of new regular readers. 2,000+ people opted-in to receive the blog posts by email, and my RSS subscribers jumped to 950. My site was ranked as the #8 best resource for Christian teens, and I’ve had the folks at Crosswalk and FaithIt and other sites start to reprint a lot of my articles.
Now, to the most popular blog posts.
My Top 10 Most Popular Blog Posts of 2016
In case you missed it, here’s the top ten most popular articles of the year:
- Tim Keller on The Three Biggest Idols in Western Churches Today
- From Lesbianism to Follower of Christ: An Interview With Emily Thomes
- 3 Common Misconceptions of Calvinism
- Calvin’s 5 Rules for Right Prayer
- 11 Books Every Christian in College Should Read
- 6 Reasons Why You Should Pray
- 20 Things Every Christian in Their Twenties Should Know
- 25 Quick Prayer Tips and Reminders to Help Your Prayer Life
- The Best Christian Articles on Singleness, Dating, and Marriage
- How R.C. Sproul’s Words Changed My Life
And that was 2016.
Before we end the year, please accept my gratitude: I’m so very grateful that you read this site. The fact that one person reads one sentence still blows my mind, let alone thousands of people. And thank you for the emails, tweets, and Facebook messages. I get them on a weekly basis. I have a razor-sharp memory and remember every interaction. I don’t take your words for granted. In fact, they always make my day.
May the Lord bless this site for his glory for many more years to come.